Thursday 15 September 2011

Pens, Pills and Papers

Recently, I've read somewhere that the Pharmacy profession is one of the hardest profession to study. Like really? When did it become the art of mastering neurosurgery with garden shears?
All it really is, is this really complicated over rated multi-step process of handing a person medication. Where you'd have to check a zillion times that you've given exactly the same amount number of pills that the Dr. has prescribed because God forbid, you give one more or one less. But in all honesty, its all about the responsibility. I'd like to think that behind every Dr. is a pharmacist that saves his or her butt. 

We study for ages, work really really hard, to get to this high standardized profession, yet in front of everyone else including my friends we're nothing more than legal drug dealers. Are you serious?

I envy all 9-5 jobs where you get to sit at a desk and file papers. We get to work 9 am to 9 pm or sometimes more, Saturdays AND Sundays, and whats worse than that, on Christmas day and on every human holiday. Sitting? Whats that? There isn't even a chair at the pharmacy.
No, its not that bad, I love it when people come in and ask us questions, makes us feel like Dr.'s. People would come in and ask us things like "Hi, I have a pimple, between my 4th and 5th toe *shows the pimple* its super itchy, can you recommend something?".... Have you tried soap and water? 

But I love it, I wouldnt change it for the world, and its worth every bit of hardwork I put in, yeah its not perfect, but its great. 


No comments:

Post a Comment