Saturday 24 September 2011

Saturday night ramblings

Everyone's been coming in to the pharmacy asking the same question, 'how do we get rid of a cold, and fast?'. Honestly, theres no medication on earth that can zap a common cold or the flu out of your body, if there was, we'd all know about it, you'd hear about it. Trust me.
So far everyone I know has the flu or is sick or half dead. Its a scary world living with so many infected people, it reminds me of the movie 28 days later, a zombie movie. Trying to get away so you'd not get infected by this virus. 
I have a secret to not getting sick all winter, its been working well for the past 3 years, since I have discovered it, its ginger, oregano, honey and lemon. Not a huge surprise I know, but it works well. Ginger and Oregano have anti viral activity, honey is just awesome and lemons are filled with vitamin C and antioxidants. I drink it as a hot drink and as a cold drink. And it works wonders. So far I haven't gotten sick because of this magical concoction *knock on wood*.


So last Friday night it was raining, sorry, I meant to say we were attacked by a gruesome flood. I seriously can't imagine how so much water could pour out of a cloud. Probably the most rain I have lived through. Gladly enough, the rain managed to stop and it gave way to this amazing clear skies later on in the evening, just as I was out with friends. I like how people go out clubbing on Friday or go out to a bar or a lounge, yet my friends and I somehow almost always end up at Tim Hortons, talking about politics or weird ideas. Our version of clubbing is putting on loud house music while driving home at night.


In the end, the best night for me would be a night spent with family, watching a movie, eating noodles. Nothing can compare to that.



No comments:

Post a Comment